From Thursday to Sunday I've had the privilege to be at The All India Christian Convention, with at least 500 Indian brothers and sisters in Christ. I had the opportunity to get a minuscule glimpse of what John talks about in Revelations 7:9, and I count myself blessed to have been allowed to see it. The speakers that delivered messages were amazing, and I was surprised to find that one of the speakers was a man named Randy Snyder. Randy was the lead pastor of my home church when I was very young (about 5-7 I think) and his son used to babysit me in the afternoons, and he was the man who gave me my first guitar. So it was a true blessing to be able to run in to him halfway around the world, a blessing that left me speechless.
The second blessing came on Sunday morning. They had us break up into groups of about 20-25 and go out and pray all over the property(we're staying at an ashram by the way which is pretty cool and absolutely stunning) anyways they requested that we pray out loud in our native tongues. So at the same time there were 23 people praying in English, Khasi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, and Orissi. The only way to describe this experience would be in breathless awe. It was the most powerful experience I have ever had in prayer.
Today I had the opportunity to see the backwaters of Kerala which are basically the highways of that area. The whole area is a giant set of islands that are connected by water that is a mixture of salt and fresh waters. This is something worth looking up on google earth. There were homes built on strips of land 7 feet wide, with water on both sides. We took the local bus (which was a giant boat) to see some of it which is so much cheaper than the boats they offer tourist. We paid 10 Rupees a person(about 20 cents) compared to the 2000 and up they wanted for the touristy boats.
No comments:
Post a Comment