Friday, September 9, 2011

Newsletter

This is a copy of the newsletter that I just sent out to my supporters:


As I prepare to go overseas I thought it best to give you a brief update on how things have been. The summer was amazing here, we saw God working in some wonderful and amazing ways. As a staff we were pushed past what we thought our limits were, beyond what we had classified as exhaustion before. But this wasn’t a bad thing. Through this we were all able to grow and deepen our relationship with Christ through it. There were many campers who made a decision to live for Christ this summer, and it was a beautiful thing to watch as so many young people with so much potential decided to dedicate that to Christ.
Personally this summer drew me out of my comfort zone so much more than last summer, while trying to prepare everything for the overseas portion of my trip we were also working on many labor intensive projects so that by the end of the day I was drained physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I would not have traded this exhaustion for anything though, because out of it I grew in some amazing ways. Abba has continued to expand my views and show me so many new and wonderful things, while at the same time breaking me and bringing me to place where I could not make it through on my own.
I was dean for a week of camp which stretched me more than I could ever have anticipated. Being in charge 24 6th & 7th graders was incredibly exhausting, yet rewarding. For the week I didn’t really come up with a lesson plan, instead I asked the kids on the first night to write out questions they had and then myself and the amazing faculty that I had, formed our lesson plan to answer those questions. That in itself was a growing process for me
As I write this my visa is currently sitting in the consulate in New York City still waiting on approval from the Indian Government. Until this is approved I will not be able to buy my plane tickets. I ask that you be in prayer with me for this. I know that Abba is in control and that His plan is perfect, and that He’s making this into a more amazing story to be able to share with others.  I am encouraged in this by the words George Muller writes “If we indeed desire our faith to be strengthened, we should not shrink from opportunities where our faith may be tried, and, therefore through the trial be strengthened.” I just read this quote today but it has been the theme of my entire time at Rainbow. This is not a stumbling, but simply another opportunity to grow.
In order to keep everyone up to date on what Abba is doing through me in India I’ve started up a blog, which you can access at aaron-derr.blogspot.com. I look forward to hearing from many of you and would encourage you to pray with me through this journey


In Him


Aaron Derr

No comments:

Post a Comment