Since my last update things have been a whirlwind for me. I have been left in breathless awe and wonder at what Abba has done, my visa came through on Monday and I received it back Wednesday, almost a month after I sent it in. The funny thing about this is that on their website they said that it should only take 7-9 day for processing and return.
In my quiet time today I found my self reflecting back on all Abba has done in the past couple of weeks since I've been waiting and at the same time wondering why I had to wait to learn this. After that I started reading Romans and came to 5:6 "You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly..." I'd read this chapter countless times but never caught this phrase, "at just the right time, when we were still powerless" This isn't the way that we think of as the right time, the time when were so beaten down, broken, defenseless, pitiful, shattered whatever words you want to use to describe your worst time, Abba has a better one. Just the right time. Never the phrase I would have chosen, but I'm far from Abba.
Up until last Friday I'd been calling the consulate and asking them if they could do anything to help speed it along and such, but last friday I finished the book of Joshua and if you go and read it, you'll find the last 10 chapters or so are lists of cities, countries and kings conquered that seem to go on forever, with which frankly, I was quite bored and wondering "why did God put this in here? All it does is make me wanna go to sleep." Then it dawned on me, "if Abba was powerful enough to give them everything that was just listed why am I still trying to make this visa thing happen on my own?" From Friday on my prayer went from "Abba please lead me to the people to talk to to get my visa taken care of " to " Abba I am powerless to do this." which for me is a hard thing since I tend to rely on myself for many things. Almost instantly when I started praying this prayer it felt like a curtain was pulled away and I was able to relax and watch Abba move all the more wonderfully. So the next time you find yourself in a place where you know in the depths of your being that you can't do anything and yet you're running around like a chicken without a head, I would encourage you stop and admit your powerlessness, not so that Abba shows up and does something amazing, but solely for the sake of being honest with Dad and yourself. I mean is it such a bad thing to trade the charade of "I can do this, there has to be something I can do!" for some honesty?
My flight is leaving Chicago O'Hare at 6:10 P.M. on Monday and I will be in India until April, I will be updating this as much as possible for the time I'm there. Keep me in your prayers and keep me up to date on what I can be in prayer for your about. Comment on here or email me at guitarforGod2911@yahoo.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment