Sunday, November 6, 2011

So monsoon season's not what I thought it would be

I've been charged with the task of creating some brochures for Usha and Emrys to use the next time they're on furlough to the US, and I'm at a point on this project where I'm wondering what I should put in it to make it an effective tool for them. So I need your help, what's something that you find really jumps out and grabs hold of your attention?

Recently I finished a book by a man called Craig Groeshcel called "The Christian Atheist." The whole premise of the books is those that call our self christians, yet we live as if we believe that God doesn't exist. As I read this book, I was amazed at even though I'm half way around the world trying to follow God, I still fall  into the trap of believing in myself more than I do in God, where I try and make things happen more on my own power instead of being still and waiting on God to show Himself in a beautiful way.

Monsoon season has started here, and to be honest it's not all that it's built up to be. I expected it to be nonstop rain 24/7 but instead it'll rain a few hrs at a time then stop, then start up again. It will rain almost everyday, but never for the whole day. It's become easy to tell when rains are coming thanks to something Usha and Emrys shared with me. They have a mountain behind they're grounds, and if the mountains so covered by clouds that you can't see it(it's actually a really cool thing to see because at times you can watch the mountain disappear as the clouds come down. But this is only the beginning of monsoon season so it actually could get worse, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment