Wednesday, September 24, 2014

So much

Life has been crazy the past few months, God has moved me from everything comfortable to basically a whole new world, even if it is only a little over an hour away.

I finished working as paid staff at he camp June 18, and since then have been living in Indianapolis as a part of an intentional Christian community called the Moriah Project. For those of you that aren't fluent in greek, Moriah is the greek word for foolishness. So yes, I am a part of the foolish project. what we are trying to do down here, is simply be a light in a community that desperately needs a light. We are striving to do this by loving those around us and trying to help them in anyway possible, simply in hopes of being able to start a conversation with them.

I have since started back to school at IUPUI and am going after a journalism degree with a certificate in personal training. It's been really nice , because the community is 3 miles form campus so I have been able to see alot of the city by biking to and from class.

I am also a homeowner now, on August 13th, I purchased a home down here in the community and am in the process of getting some work done on it. It was empty for a while and had the wiring stollen out of it, so through a grant I was able to get we have started remodeling and I will hopefully be moved in soon! Another strange turn in this is that one of my best friends from high school is going to be my roommate, he came down to visit for a week and decided to move down here! So if you could keep Nathan North and I in your prayers, we would appreciate it greatly.

I got the opportunity to work at a Chipotle nearby and have been surprised that I enjoy it as much as I do! I'm on the grill most of the time, and God has really blessed me with a good group of people to work with that are lots of fun to be around.

I know this isn't a real in depth article, and one will follow soon, this was just a quick "Hey, here's what's up" article. I hope you all are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment